Thursday, September 19, 2013

Long Run Playlist

Let's face it, as nice as it is going out for a quiet peaceful morning jog, sometimes we just need music to power through our workouts. I tend to do all of my short runs (anything under 5 miles) without my ipod, because I think it's good to listen to yourself regularly. Running without music forces us to find other ways to "tune out", or in some cases it helps us focus and work on problems we might have not noticed otherwise. It's easier to forget you are running when you can tune out your heavy breathing and pounding footsteps, and much easier to distract yourself.


This is why I only use my ipod for long runs. Since I am now regularly running about 20 miles each weekend, I really rely on my ipod to help me through my long runs and to keep me motivated. That being said, you can't just listen to ANY type of music when you are running! You need songs that are inspirational and motivating to you. Songs that are going to pump you up and keep you going when you're 15 miles in and still have 5 more to go.

So, I figured I would share some of songs I enjoy listening to during my long runs.

ACDC - Back in Black

ACDC- You Shook me all Night Long

Avicci- Wake Me Up

AWOLNATION- Sail

Beastie Boys- No Sleep Til Brooklyn

Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run

Cake- The Distance

David Guetta- Play Hard

Daft Punk- Get Lucky

Elvis Presley- A Little Less Conversation

Eminem- Berzerk

Falco- Rock me Amadeus

Fall Out Boy- My Songs Know what you Did in the Dark

Flux Pavilion- I Can't Stop

Fun- Carry on

Green Day- Holiday

Guns N' Roses- Sweet Child O'Mine

Guns N' Roses- Welcome to the Jungle

Imagine Dragons- On Top of the World

Imagine Dragons- Radioactive

Katy Perry- Roar

The Killers- All These Things that I've Done

Macklemore- Can't Hold Us

Michael Jackson- Beat it

Muse- Madness

Lostprophets- Rooftops

Quiet Riot- Come on Feel the Noise

Ram Jam- Black Betty

Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines

Safe and Sound- Capital Cities

Selena Gomez- Come and Get it

The Script- Hall of Fame

Three Days Grace- Animal I Have Become

Three Days Grace- Riot

Toto- Africa

Young the Giant- Cough Syrup

Well, there you have it. Feel free to share any of your favorite running songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment