Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vegetable Lentil Stew

I love making things in my crock pot. It gives me a chance to get rid of excess food I have sitting around, makes enough food for 8 or so meals at once, and is extremely easy. Using my crock pot allows me to get creative, and try new combinations of foods I haven't tried.



Technically, this recipe isn't really a "recipe". I mean, sure you can follow it, but let's be honest... stews and soups aren't really a science. I tend to just kind of throw anything I have in my kitchen that I think will go together into a pot, and to this day it has yet to let me down. So, while you can certainly follow the recipe I used, feel free to just kind of use it as a base and make your own version.

Ingredients:
-4 cups vegetable broth
-1/2 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup quinoa
-1/2 cup green lentils
-1 small bag broccoli and cauliflower florets
-1 cup diced carrots
-1 large potato diced
-two cups of chopped kale
-1/2 cup nutritional yeast
-any seasonings you want to add

I just threw all of this into my crock pot and turned it on high for about 5 hours. That's all you need to do! I also made some cornbread muffins to go along with this stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment